Monday 15 August 2016

CHANCE FOR CHANGE


Real Talk With Nthabi

There's a chance to change, there is a chance to do better and be better. It all starts with You!

The reality is that you are the change that you seek.
You need to get yourself to a point where you are ready to embark on a journey towards changing your life for the better. It will not be easy, it will not happen overnight and remember that it is possible.
FOR ME, the journey towards positive change was one filled with ups and downs.

Failing grade 10 was my most painful life experience and a point where I realised that I needed to change my life.
On the day of the results my mother accompanied me to school. I saw and felt the disappointment in her eyes, when she saw my results. 

I got home, with a deep pain coming from my stomach , all that was going through my mind was I have disappointed my parents, I have wasted every single cent they spend on me.

My dad set us down with my brother & he asked "Maikaelelo a lona ke eng?" meaning What are your aspirations? 

I said to my dad crying, Papa I am going to work hard, I don't understand why I failed but I will repeat and make sure I pass well.
Right there and then I took a decision to change & that decision I carried it with me till I matriculated and graduated. Not only did that help me pass, but it helped.

Life’s lessons
Though I had obstacles along the way, I always remembered my decision and the promise I made to my parents.

Never take decisions you took early in your life for granted, today's decision is tomorrows future'


No comments:

Post a Comment